The Management team
Founder, Chairman and Group CEO
- Venture Capital investor (Singapore) with a focus on MetoxS from 2016. Etienne also holds various directorships and is a members of the Swiss Mining Institute.
- Founder of E. Kiss Borlase, Bureau Fiduciaire SA and Global Audit Services SA in Geneva, offering tax, accounting, audit and advising clients & HNW on business development and wealth structuring, employing 35 Partners and staff (sold in 2016), and Founder of Swiss Fiduciary and Advisory Services in Singapore since 2010.
- Credit Suisse First Boston Ltd. – Investment Banking (London) – Investment Banker
- MBA (University of St Gallen, Switzerland) & CPA
- Advisor to Shandong Iron & Steel Group on the acquisition and restructuring of the Tonkolili iron ore (London & Sierra Leone)
- CFO of African Minerals, AiM listed mining company, which developed a US$2.5bn iron ore project (London & Sierra Leone)
- CFO of ENRC, a FTSE 100 mining company, with ferrochrome, iron ore, aluminum and power generation divisions in Kazakhstan (London & Kazakhstan)
- PwC Partner – Audit & Assurance (Switzerland & Russia)
Head of Operation – Clean Concrete
- Experienced natural resources senior executive with proven track record in business development, project management and capital raising and financing.
- Nick has worked for a mining-focused private equity group with interests in operations and development-stage projects in coking coal, potash, copper and gold.
- From 1995 to 2016, he worked for Royal Bank of Canada in London, where he was European Head of Natural Resources Investment Banking, and, prior to, that for Deutsche Bank in Hong Kong and London, where he was European Head Metals and Mining and Asia-Pacific Co-Head Natural Resources IB.
- Nick is a non-executive director of Jubilee Metals Group Plc and Aya Gold & Silver Inc.
CEO – Clean Mining
- Senior strategic marketing, advisory, and financing executive with over 20 years of experience within the global extractives and commodity trading community.
- She worked for the largest miner, BHP, and the largest bank, ICBC, among others, in key commodity hubs across Australia, China, Singapore, and the UK.
- Her skills lie in building and leading effective internal and external commercial/financing / analytical thought-leadership investment ecosystems, as well as coordinating cross-border and cross-product relationships and teams.
- Melinda’s product expertise includes bulk commodities & freight; fin-tech; mining finance/deal origination, as well as corporate and industry structural evaluations; supply-demand-pricing outlooks and physical/financial commodity trading; marketing; analysis & risk management.
Strategy and negotiation
- Founder and manager of Kale Capital Fund
- Founder of Coficap – Mortgage broker and Advisory
Head of legal services
- Swiss Life, Legal Counsel (M&A, Corporate, Capital Market transactions)
- Non-Executive Board Director (Private Equity, Banking & Insurance)
- Qualified Swiss Lawyer
- Master of Law & Economics from University of St Gallen
The Scientific team
Dr. Jinhong Zhang is an associate professor of Mining and Geological Engineering of the University of Arizona’s College of Engineering. He is holder of a Ph.D. in Mineral Processing from the University of Virginia Tech and of a Master degree from the China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing). He wrote his Ph.D. on the Surface Forces between Silica Surfaces in CnTACl Solutions and Surface Free Energy Characterization of Talc. He teaches mineral processing, surface chemistry, surface characterization and environmental engineering. Dr. Zhang is actively researching on mineral processing, surface chemistry, industry waste treatment such as mine tailing, fly ash, geopolymerization, alkali-activation to make construction material and surface characterization. He is the author of numerous publications on these subjects. Dr. Zhang is the developer of Acrete, a new substitute for concrete using coal ash or mine tailings that has a number of advantages over traditional Portland cement.
Dr. c. Juan Carlos Soto Uribe, is a candidate PhD in Engineering science, Chemical engineer, holds a Master in Chemical engineering and graduated as a Chemical engineer from Universidad Autonoma de Nayarit, Mexico. He specialized in mineral processing through hydrometallurgy-electrometallurgy by working on removal of copper on cyanide containing solutions using electrocoagulation and sulfidation (H2S, SART, etc.), concentration and flotation of gold and lead and polymetallic flotation, pressure oxidation and cyanidation of gold (LOP and HPAL refractory gold) and bioremediation of cyanide containing soil and water treatments. He is Head engineer and developer of the HydroS Process.
Dr. Hassan Elsentriecy, Head Chemist, holds a Ph.D. in Materials Science (Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University, Japan, 2009). He is a Research Scientist with over 15 years of experience and is an internationally recognized electrochemist/materials scientist specializing in corrosion assessment and mitigation. He has extensive experience in laboratory corrosion studies and coatings development for different engineering materials. In addition, and most recently, he has extensive experience in metals extraction from molten salts at high temperatures. In this recent work, Dr. Elsentriecy leads research and development work to develop new and environmentally friendly methods to extract metals from their refractory ores using electrodeposition from molten salts at high temperatures. This work includes tests designs and parameters optimizations to obtain high recovery rates of the precious metals from their refractory ores. Dr. Elsentriecy has published more than 15 Research Papers and 3 Patents. Dr. Elsentriecy is a developer of the MetoxS Process.
Mr. Jim Nielsen, has two bachelor degrees in Chemical engineering and Computer science with minor in chemistry. He is Head process engineer, chemical engineer with 42 years of experience in mining, chemical processes and enjoys a high level of computer knowledge programming Metsim for material balance development. Jim Nielsen has in-depth experience in research and developing products in pilot plants, manager of crystallization system design, plant engineering. He acted as lead process engineer at Jacobs Engineering for 11 years, and as director of technology at Swenson Technology Inc. for 10 years. He is process designer for complete plant designs and process engineer in developing a high temperature process to recover Silver and Gold from ore. Jim Nielsen is a developer of MetoxS Process and contributed to the development of the HydroS Process.
Dr. Bruce Christensen
- Master Builders (formerly BASF) – Snr VP with 20 + years of construction chemicals product development, sales and marketing and operational management experience
- Trustee of US Ready Mix Concrete Research and Education Foundation
- Committee Chair for ASTM C09.23.1 – Concrete Setting Time
- Women in Mining UK – Financial Director
- Head of Bulk Materials (EMEA) – ICBC/Standard Bank
- Global commodities strategist – Credit Suisse (Equities)
- Head of Iron Ore Strategy & Analytics – BHP Marketing
- Platts Steel Business Briefing – China Chief Representative
- AOT Energy – Board Director and regional
- ENRC – Head of Ferroalloys marketing and Head of Strategy & Business Development
- Tenant Midgely – Sales & Marketing
- 35 years + of mining and metals industry experience
- FSG.org – Managing Director
- Boston Consulting Group – 25 years + advising on social impact and evaluation
- Contributor to Harvard Business Review and Stanford Social Innovation review
- Orca Gold – Country Manager
- Deswik – European Managing Director (London)
- African Minerals Ltd – Technical Director (Sierra Leone)
- SRK Consulting – (UK and worldwide)